Name: Jacelyn Reno
Hometown: Bowie, TX
Sponsors: Reno Racing, Stats Signz, FLY Racing, 6D Helmets, Box, Profile Racing, Moto’d Out, Bowie BMX Bike Park
What is your BMX origin story – How did you get into BMX? I started BMX because of my family. My older siblings Brady and Shealen started racing when they were younger and I was just born into the sport. At the age of 6 months old, I travelled the country with my family going to 27 BMX races on the national circuit while my parents worked with the ABA taking photos at all the races.
What languages do you speak? English
Your top three tracks:
- Music City, Nashville TN
- Derby City, Louisville KY
- Rockstar Energy Bike Park, Houston TX
Top three songs to get you pumped
- “Bicycle” by Queen
- “Nothing Else Matters (acoustic)” by Kfir Ochaion
- “No Role Models” by J. Cole
Three people who inspire you and why
- Shealen Reno, I’m lucky to have Shealen as my big sister and share my love and passion for bikes with her. Shealen has pushed me to be the best cyclist I can be and without her, I don’t think I would be where I am today!
- Caroline Buchanan, I met Caroline when I was young and I have always looked up to her and how she is fierce and fearless on and off the bike!
- Lauren Smith, she’s a sports broadcaster for Redbull TV and has lit a fire in me to be just like her!
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Not appreciating old-school dirt tracks
How do you spend your days off your bike? Hanging out with friends and family eating enchiladas at my favorite Mexican restaurant or shopping
Favorite person to train with? Shealen Reno because she pushes me or the little kids at the track because they always remind me to have fun!
What race shoes do you wear? Shimano SH-RX800 Gravel Racing Shoe
What race pants do you wear? Fly Racing Kinetic Bicycle Pants
Most inspirational quote: “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” -John Wooden
Best advice given: “You get what you focus on, so focus on what you want.”
Your biggest fear? Grasshoppers
Your proudest accomplishment? Racing in the 2021 Redbull Pumptrack World Championship in Lisbon, Portugal and becoming the 25th fastest woman in the world for pump track
Three guilty pleasures:
- Coffee Ice cream
- Eyelash Extensions
- Sleeping in late
Your worst habit? Biting my nails
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? A personal coach, someone who will always be by my side and strive for greatness with me.
Your top three future goals you want to achieve:
- Return back to the Redbull Pumptrack World Championships in Chile this year
- Try new disciplines of cycling as I continue my cycling career at Midwestern State University
- I want to work for Redbull as a female commentator!