Name: Allie Spargrove
Hometown: Uniontown, Ohio
Sponsors: None right now
What is your BMX origin story – How did you get into BMX? My dad raced BMX when he was a kid, and my older brother found some old pictures of my dad racing and decided he wanted to try it out, and of course, if he did I wanted to. At 4 years old I road my first track and have stuck with it ever since. Over the past few years I’ve picked up freestyle riding and that has taken more of my focus lately.
What languages do you speak? I just speak English
Your top three tracks:
- Akron, Ohio
- South Park, Pennsylvania
- Louisville, Kentucky
Top three songs to get you pumped
- “Bulletproof” by Brennan Savage
- “Like me” by $not, Iann Dior
- “Doom” by Juice Wrld
Three people who inspire you and why:
- My parents – They are both very caring people and have always been my number ones. They offer endless support with everything I want to accomplish in life and have made me the person I am today.
- My brother – He’s a very a hard-working person and I have always looked up to him. He inspires me to get things done and to do what makes me happy.
- Max, Matt, Kyle (They’re a package deal lol)- They have been my three best friends for the longest time and are the people who are there for me the most. They always want what’s best for me and push me to be the best version of myself.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Not really a “trend” but I can’t stand when people have squeaky breaks, especially on purpose.
How do you spend your days off your bike? Hanging out with my best friends, or being outside and going for a hike.
Favorite person to train with? I don’t have a specific person, but I just have a couple of friends I ride with and we all help each other improve our riding.
What race shoes do you wear? Sidi Dragon Carbon
What race pants do you wear? Fly Racing
Most inspirational quote: “live life with memories, not dreams”
Best advice given: My dad always tells me “Do what’s best for you, never live life trying to please everyone else.”
Your biggest fear? It may seem stupid to some people, but I’ve always hated clowns.
Your proudest accomplishment? Winning NAG 2 twice, and having 12 state #1 titles
Three guilty pleasures:
- The office, I’ve watched it like 8 times all the way through
- Going to get ice cream
- Taco Bell Baja Blast
Your worst habit? Chewing on random things, especially hoodie strings lol
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? Someone to work on my truck for me, it’s a hassle sometimes and things always go wrong.
Your top three future goals you want to achieve:
- Compete in a freestyle riding competition
- Become a Physical Therapist
- Build up my dream truck