Name: Teresa Fernández-Miranda
Current Age: 28
Hometown: Castellón, Spain
Sponsors: Flybikes, TSG, VANS, Herbalife, Odyssey BMX
How did you get into BMX? It all started when they built a skatepark near my house. My brother and I started going and there we discovered what a BMX was. Many years later I got my first BMX and started riding together with my little brother (He already had his own BMX bike). I also got my driver’s license and a car and started riding in other cities since there was not a good place to ride in mine.
What languages do you speak? Spanish, English (so-so)
What are your top three parks?
- Málaga Rock – Rubén Alcantara’s Bowl
- Five docks – Australia
- Sarnen’s bowl – Switzerland
Top three songs to get you pumped?
- Want you Bad by The Offspring
- Lonely Boy by The Black Keys
- Bro Hymn by Pennywise
Three people who inspire you and why.
- Angie Marino – She was always a reference for me. I always saw her videos even when I didn’t have my own BMX.
- Rubén Alcantara – Thanks to him we know this sport in my country, he made a difference with his style.
- Nathan Williams – Although I never rode street, he always impressed me with his riding. I only watched his videos of street riders, my aka comes from him.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? I think there is simply one thing I like to see less – The woman as an object. Sometimes I see women posing almost naked with their BMX.
How do you spend your days off your bike? Every day I walk for an hour in the morning with my German Shepherd puppy. In winter I love to go snowboarding. Sometimes I ride enduro. I have started bouldering and am also learning to drift with my BMW in circuit.
Favourite person to ride or train with? I love riding with Angie and Perris
Favourite shoes to ride in? The Vans slip-ons are the best for me. Most comfy shoes.
Best advice given to you? When I’m on a trail and someone tells me: If you land well on the first jump, move on to the next one, and so on until you finish all the jumps.
Your biggest fear? Whenever I get to a new trail for me it’s hard. Not knowing the speed, How much I have to push. If I have to advance to land well at the landing, or if I can hit the ball high and reach the landing well. It’s hard for me the first time.
Your proudest accomplishment? When Perris asked me if I wanted to be a part of her video for her pro-model shoes. That was a dream, they took me from Spain to the USA to be part of her project.
Three guilty pleasures? I don’t have many guilty pleasures. One may be that I drink more beer than I should when I finish the sesh.
Your worst habit? For me, the worst habit is not being able to ride every day.
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? I think it would be a person to keep an eye on me all day so that I train every day. Sometimes it’s hard for me to take the plunge and go to the gym
What is an amazing experience you had that couldn’t have happened without BMX? The opportunities to travel around the world. Meet people from many different parts of the world. That without my BMX would never have been possible.
Your top three future goals you want to achieve?
- Although it may seem simple, I would love to regain 100% confidence in my wrist when riding. Ever since I got injured I feel scared when I ride.
- I plan to learn innovative tricks for myself throughout this year.
- Keep travelling around the world, and go to places I have never been