Name: Sabina Košárková
Current Age: 17
Hometown: Studenka, Czech Republic
Sponsors: Sunn, Veetireco, Lead Racewear, Five Gloves, Ivar CS, Moravskoslezsky Kraj, Illik, Kellys, Datatag
How did you get into BMX? I raced XCO mountain bikes as a kid. A friend of my dads ran a small BMX race track, and since my dad raced when he was my age, I decided to try it. They lent me a bike and I think I took second place. Then I continued with XCO for one more year. A year after my 2nd place he hosted the same type of race again and I took 1st place. I started to like it even more, won in the mixed category with boys and at that point, I realized that it could be a sport for me. A lot of jumps, and a shorter distance than on XCO, you have to be a bigger rival so yeah here we are. I’ve been racing for 7 years and it’s still so enthusiastic.
What languages do you speak? Czech, English and a bit of Norwegian
What are your top three tracks?
- Stuttgart, Germany
- Sviland, Norway
- Verona, Italy
Top three songs to get you pumped?
- Pieces by Sum 41
- Titanium by David Guetta
- Do it Try it by M83
Three people who inspire you and why
- My dad – For all that he’s doing for me. He’s sacrificed a lot for me and I wanna give it back to him one day for believing in me.
- My coach Thomas Allier – He’s a coach, so he has to inspire me. Since I’ve started to train with him I know I’m on the right path.
- Eddy Clerte – Since day one when I saw his video on Instagram, playing with the bike, I knew that this guy is the future of BMX. Incredible how much joy he’s able to put into it. I looked up to him with his style and I’m glad to be teammates with him. Not only does he help me on the track but I think all the advice he told me changed me internally.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Pushing little kids. They have to enjoy it!
How do you spend your days off your bike? Coffee time with friends, family time, travelling, studying, snowboarding and cooking.
Favourite person to ride or train with? Thomas Allier
Favourite shoes to ride in? Northwave
Most inspirational quote? “In life, there’s gonna be storms, at times there’s gonna be a lot of distraction and disturbance, and you have to hold fast, stay true to what you believe”
Best advice given to you? All the advice is precious to me
Your biggest fear? Fish in the sea 😄
Your proudest accomplishment? I’ve raced 3 world championships and 3 times in a row got 3rd place so probably the last one in the Junior category is the most valuable
Three guilty pleasures?
- Ice cream
- Norwegian Brown Cheese
- Peanut Butter
Your worst habit? During every track training, I’m thinking about the wind
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? Someone who can study for me. It’s really really difficult to study and train as a pro at the same time.
What is an amazing experience you had that couldn’t have happened without BMX? Meeting amazing people and travelling all around the world. I am glad that I was able to visit Azerbaijan and the USA
Your top three future goals you want to achieve?
- Win World Championships Title
- Become famous for riding as many different cycling disciplines as possible