Name: Lilly Voss
Current Age: 12
Hometown: Galloway, New Jersey
Sponsors: Dan’s Comp
How did you get into BMX? I started BMX when I was about 3 years old. My dad got my brother and me into riding. I used to go to EHT BMX racetrack to watch my brother race. I started racing a Strider and quickly moved on to a pedal bike at 4 years old.
Then, during the pandemic when the racetracks were closed, we started riding more skateparks. I started to really like freestyle and began competing in the USA BMX Freestyle series in 2020. Since then I have been hooked!
What languages do you speak? I speak English and I’m learning German on Duolingo!
Your top three parks?
- Wakefield, Virginia
- Lot 8, Woodward East
- Concrete Bowls: Payne Park Sarasota, FDR & Maple Shade, NJ Shoutout to my local; Vet’s Park in Berkeley, NJ!
Top three songs on your playlist?
- Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, by Drowning Pool (ofc)
- Intergalactic by Beastie Boys
- Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
Three people who inspire you and why? Three people who inspire me are Angie Marino, Carley Young and Kevin Peraza.
- Angie started out as a racer just like me and I really like her style of riding! I like how she has helped to push women’s BMX in a positive direction!
- Carley Young has inspired me throughout my racing and freestyle riding. She has helped me to progress and is always pushing me to ride my best whether it be on the racetrack, on the trails or at a skatepark!
- Kevin Peraza inspires me with his positivity in BMX. He is always smiling and showing how much fun BMX can be…. and his riding is awesome!
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? BMX bikes not being allowed at certain skateparks!
What do you do when you’re not riding? When I’m not riding you can find me playing lacrosse, swimming (pool, beach, lakes…anywhere with water 💦), and hanging with my family and friends. I also love to build Legos, draw and baking!
Favourite person to ride or train with? My favorite people to ride and train with are my brother Patrick, my Dad, the NJ Vet’s Crew & the Rutkowitz family!
Also, Women’s Weekends and Bloom Weeks are awesome when I get to ride with all the girls!!
Favourite shoes to ride in? Vans all day every day!
Best advice given to you? Trust yourself, trust your skills and trust the people you ride with… and go FASTER! ~ Mom & Dad
Your biggest fear? Metal Pedals! I learned the hard way after dropping into The Cage with no shin pads! 5 stitches later I still fear metal pedals!!
Your proudest accomplishment? I am most proud of winning the USA BMX Amateur National Championship 11 & Under 2 times! Also, dropping into 3 on mini Mega and clearing the Gator Gap in Lot 8!
Your worst habit? Not trusting my skills. (I’m working on that!)
If you could hire someone to help you in some aspect of your life, what would it be? I would hire someone to help me with my fitness and my BMX goals. Also, would love to hire someone to do my ELA work!
What is a memorable experience you had that couldn’t have happened without BMX? My most memorable BMX experiences are my trip to California and Bloom Weeks! In 2021 we got to go to Woodward West for the USA BMX Finals!
We did a whirlwind trip on our way out there that included: Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Hollywood and Rodeo Drive! I have been so fortunate to attend 2 Bloom weeks and these weeks are awesome and a great way to ride with girls and progress!
Your top three future goals you want to achieve?
- Bike goals: 360 & Barspin
- School goals: A great middle school experience with good grades!
- Future goals: Getting into a good college in a town with more skateparks!!