Lexis Colby is a rising talent in the BMX racing world. Hailing from Surprise, Arizona, today we get to learn more about Lexis and her goals!
Name: Lexis Colby
Current Age: 21
Hometown: Surprise, AZ
Sponsors: Gordy’s Bicycles, Tangent Products, Rift and Fly Racing
How did you get into BMX? My dad used to race motocross and that’s what I originally wanted to do. He decided to take me to the BMX track to learn the basics first and I immediately fell in love and have been doing it ever since!
What languages do you speak? English
Your top three parks?
- Hardesty National BMX Stadium – Tulsa, OK
- Rock Hill BMX Supercross Track – Rockhill, SC
- Papendal BMX Olympic Center – Arnhem, Netherlands
Top three songs on your playlist?
- I Can Feel It by Kane Brown
- Something Real by Post Malone
- Trust Nobody by Hippie Sabotage
Three people who inspire you and why?
- Bubba Harris – He taught me everything I know and shaped me into the person I am today!
- Arielle Martin – She has been my coach for the last year and a half and she has shown me to have no fear. She also did some rad stuff on a bike!
- My mom, Melissa Colby – She has raised me to be the best version of myself and has always supported me in anything I do.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Manualing on trainers indoors
What do you do when you’re not riding? Hang out with friends/ family and the daily New York Times games.
Favourite person to ride or train with? All of the USA cycling girls!
Favourite shoes to ride in? Specialized
Best advice given to you? I had a mental block from a previous crash and was struggling with it a lot at a race this year. Arielle Martin (my coach) had told me I could either get over it or choose something else to do. It was straight up and the truth and I have kept that with me all year if I ever get nervous!
Your biggest fear? To not live life to the fullest
Your proudest accomplishment? My first World Cup main in Elite Women this year!
Your worst habit? My sweet tooth
If you could hire someone to help you in some aspect of your life, what would it be? A personal videographer
What is a memorable experience you had that couldn’t have happened without BMX Winning the NAG 5 challenge at 15 and getting to race with the pros at the night show! Also all the unforgettable memories with all my friends from BMX.
Your top three future goals you want to achieve?
- An Olympic medal
- World Championship title
- A USA BMX title