Name: Emma Finnegan
Hometown: Liverpool, UK
Sponsors: Kink, Seventies Distribution, Demolition UK, Hobson Cycles, DamGood Coffee Shop.
What is your BMX origin story – How did you get into BMX? I always thought BMX was the coolest type of bike since I saw a boy who went to my school riding one. My parents bought me my first BMX when I was a kid, but I didn’t know you could do tricks on them I just used it to ride to my friends houses. I started skateboarding when I was 15 and had a go of my friends bikes now and again at the skatepark. But when I was 17 I began collecting bike parts new and used to build my first custom bike, since then I’ve been hooked.
What languages do you speak? English and Scouse
Your top three parks:
Top three songs to get you pumped? My music taste is chaotic to be honest. It could be anything and varies every few weeks. Rap usually gets me pumped because theres that strong attitude and vibe and house music hits nicely too for high energy.
Three people who inspire you and why:
- People in my close circle inspire me in lots of different ways but mostly they show me what real love and friendship is. I can take that with me wherever I go.
- People that ride BMX or hit the gym who have a full-time job and kids or family members to take care of. It can be hard finding the time for yourself when you have responsibilities, I respect that.
- Anyone with a purpose. Life can be short and you gotta make the most of it while you can, when I meet people that live with a purpose and a drive that shit is inspiring. I’m drawn to people with that type of energy.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Riding with raw pads instead of having them under your pants.
How do you spend your days off your bike? In the gym working out or personal training my cool-ass clients.
Favourite person to ride with? Any of the Cliche homies, keep a look out…
Favourite shoes to ride in? Nike Blazers
Most inspirational quote: “I’d risk the fall just to know how it feels to fly” – Dave Mirra
Best advice given: “Be there for yourself” – Edna, my therapist.
Your biggest fear? Being unorganized or not living my best life.
Your proudest accomplishment? Building my own business and going fully self-employed giving me more freedom and flexibility to ride my bike.
Three guilty pleasures:
- Special plants
- Chocolate Protein powder in my oatmeal/porridge and telling people how amazing it is
- Coffee (Recently discovered)
Your worst habit? Obsessing over details.
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? Business. I’m growing a company and looking to hire people in the future. I greatly value business advice, especially when people rely on me. Looking to optimise operations and logistics. Get in touch if you wanna talk business or like conversing ideas, I’m all for it.
Your top three future goals you want to achieve:
- Put out a BMX video part
- Launch my new Personal Training brand for athletes – SPACE Personal Training.
- Spend more time with my friends and family
Thanks Bloom I love ya! <3