Name: Christa von Niederhäusern
Socials: Instagram @christa_vonniederhaeusern
Current Age: 24
Hometown: Wattenwil, Bern, Switzerland
Sponsors: StayStrong, Oakley, Vans, ODI, Tioga
How did you get into BMX? Next to the town where I live there is a BMX Track. My brother started training there before me. First I went there to watch him ride. Then I tried it by myself and I liked it. That was in 2008 and today I am still in love with this little bike.
What languages do you speak? German, French, English
What are your top three tracks?
- Pump Track: Zizers, Lissabon, Grimentz
- BMX Track: Papendal, Blumenstein (my home track)
Top three songs to get you pumped?
- Sticks ‘n’ Stones by Jamie T
- New Gold by Gorillaz
- We Didn’t Start the Fire by Billy Joel
Two people who inspire you and why?
- Alise (Post) Willoughby – When I was little I was a big fan because at that time she rode for Redline and I had a Redline BMX as well, I had self-made photo collages of her hanging next to my bed.
- My boyfriend because he is the most patient person I know. He can spend so much time working on his or my bike, adjusting the break until it is perfect. He painted me already three amazing frames. He is so talented in many things.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Overmotivated BMX parents
How do you spend your days off your bike? Studying medicine 🩺, spending time in nature and cooking.
Favourite person to ride or train with? My boyfriend Renato, we always ride together
Favourite shoes to ride in? Vans
Most inspirational quote? Great things don’t come from comfort zones.
Best advice given to you? Spend your time doing things that help you grow as a person/athlete. Do what is important for YOU in life.
Your biggest fear? New big jumps
Your proudest accomplishment? Becoming the 2022 Pump Track World Champion!
Three guilty pleasures?
- Food! I love sweets and good food.
- TV series e.g. FRIENDS
- Watching Sportevents on TV
Your worst habit? I always have to do something. I can’t stand spending a lazy day at home.
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? Gain self-confidence
What is an amazing experience you had that couldn’t have happened without BMX? Travelling with friends for training camps or races and making new friends all over the world!
Your top three future goals you want to achieve?
- Becoming a doctor
- Defending my World champion title
- Spending more time on a mountain bike