Name: McKenzie Gayheart
Socials: @skittles_bmx | Facebook | @flipping.kenzi | YouTube
Hometown: Fort White, Florida
Sponsors: Factory Full Tilt, Radio BMX Race, Box BMX, Promax Components, Zolli Candy, Oakley, Fly Racing, Park Tool Blue, ODI Grips, Tioga BMX, HT Components, Onyx Racing, Demario Merrick, Gregg Frederick, 201 Wrap.
What is your BMX origin story – How did you get into BMX? My older brother used to race so my dad and brother brought me out to the track one day and pushed me off the starting hill and never stopped from there!
What languages do you speak? English and ASL (American Sign Language)
Your top three tracks:
- Hardesty National BMX stadium (USA BMX headquarters)
- Rockhill, South Carolina
- Rockstar Energy Bike Park in Houston, Texas
Top three songs to get you pumped
- “Broadway Girls.” (feat. Morgan Wallen) by Lil Durk
- “The Motto.” by Tiësto & Ava Max
- “Whatever You Like.” by T.I.
Three people who inspire you and why:
- Felicia Stancil. She has been my inspiration ever since I watched her race for the first time. She really inspired me to learn how to jump when I was younger. She always takes time out of her day to get a picture and that means a lot these days! She’s an excellent role model that many others look up to.
- Caroline Buchanan. I love how she proves you can shred anything on 2 wheels it really inspired me that you can do anything on 2 wheels if you put your mind to it.
- My Parents. I’m very close to my parents. I admire and respect them enormously. I couldn’t be here today without them and how they’veve raised me.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? People who race with low socks haha.
How do you spend your days off your bike? Definitely flipping around outside. I love doing backflips and backhand springs.
Favourite person to train with? I don’t really have a training partner 24/7. But when Sean Day comes over we put in the work. #trainlikeyourin2nd
What race shoes do you wear? Shimano RX8 but I’m about to make the switch to Shimano S-PHYRE
What race pants do you wear? Fly Racing Radium Bicycle Pants.
Most inspirational quote: “Believe To Succeed”
Best advice given: “Play like you’re in first, train like you’re in second!”
Your biggest fear? UNDERCOOKED CHICKEN. Haha
Your proudest accomplishment? That I inspire people and winning 2020 National #1 girl
Three guilty pleasures:
- Watching pimple-popping videos
- Justin Bieber
Your worst habit? Calling my parents BRO. Sorry Mom & Dad haha
Your top three future goals you want to achieve:
- To be an Olympic gold medalist
- To be an athlete that everyone wants to look up to.
- To win a USA BMX Pro Title.