Name: Carin Hommura
Current Age: 12
Hometown: Tokyo, Japan
Sponsors: Motelworks BMX, Flip & Flop Bicycle Shop, Wind X-Treme
How did you get into BMX? I started BMX influenced by my brother Rhyme. Rhyme is a freestyler, so we went to the park every day. In the beginning, I wasn’t interested in BMX, so I played skateboarding, inline skating, unicycles, etc., with him. Then, one day when I was eight years old, he taught me Flatland, and that was the moment I became a BMX rider since I noticed the happiness of overcoming the tricks.
What languages do you speak? Japanese
What are your top three riding spots?
- Komazawa Olympic Park
Top three songs to get you pumped?
- Waiting For Love by Avicii
- デモーニッシュ by TUYU
- Heart Shaker by TWICE
Three people who inspire you and why.
- Tsutom Kitayama – He is my coach. I respect everything about him.
- Hiroshi Uehara 430 founder – His way of thinking and actions amazes me.
- Kotaro Tanaka – Always teaching me the fun of BMX.
- and… My family, ♡ I Love my Daddy, he is my photographer and coach. Mom is a manager and does hair and makeup. My brother is a coach and a good friend.
What is a trend in BMX you want to stop seeing? Nothing
How do you spend your days off your bike? I don’t rest, but sometimes I like to play basketball and cook.
Favourite person to ride or train with? My brother Rhyme on weekdays, a lot of people over the holidays.
Favourite shoes to ride in? I love Vans ♡（Vans Sesame Street was my favourite）
Best advice given to you? To enjoy being yourself.
Your biggest fear? The disappearing of strawberries from the world. and… I’m so scared of ghosts.
Your proudest accomplishment? I became a team rider at Motelworks BMX and my performance at the closing ceremony of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!
Three guilty pleasures?
- I secretly switch my big brother’s strawberries when they are bigger.
- I sneakily taste the cookies we put out for Santa Clause.
- I only call Rhyme big brother when I feel good.
Your worst habit? That I like strawberries too much ♡ When I was eating cake, I liked strawberries very much, so I dropped them when I tried to eat them at the end. I was too sad.
If you could hire someone to help you in some sort of aspect of your life, what would it be? Personal stylist ☆ Because I always want to be fashionable.
What is an amazing experience you had that couldn’t have happened without BMX? TOKYO 2020 Olympic closing ceremony performance and my TOYOTA VOXY TVCM appearance.
Your top three future goals you want to achieve?
- BMX Flatland World Queen
- Original Tricks
- Expanding the BMX Flatland to the World