Traveling might be a dream for some of us right now, but when it gets less tricky to do so, I’ll be hitting the skies for sure, and definitely with my bike. Not too long ago I asked you all about bike bags on Instagram, and which ones you had. We received a lot of replies but the more frequent ones were The Evoc BMX Bag, both the Traveler and Monogram Bags from Odyssey, OGIO, and my personal go-to, the DK “Golf” Bag. In case you’re doing some research, I thought it would be useful to put some of the stats down on these popular bags.
Do you need a bike bag? No. You can definitely get away with a cheap gym or hockey bag, but these bags are designed to protect your bike. From internal straps to secure your bike in place, to the protective shells built-in to lower the risk of damage when the flight crew tosses your luggage. The difference is significant if you’re willing to put out the money. For some of these bags, the added compartments for your tools and clothes are an added perk. Not to mention, not having to take your bike completely apart for some of these bags.
The EVOC BMX TRAVEL BAG offers perfect protection for your BMX bike when traveling, while at the same time boasting low weight. This makes our BMX bag the mobile alternative for storage to any bike box or bike case with maximum protection.
• Fits: 20“ BMX
• Wheel compartment
• Skate wheels (smooth, silent rolling, replaceable)
• Collapsible to: 133 x 30 x 22 cm
• Size: 200 l, 7000 g, 133 x 30 x 60 cm (Inside 128 x 27 x 58 cm)
Travel like a pro and avoid airline issues! The Traveler bike bag allows you to travel with your bike in the smallest possible package. The idea came to us from Gary Young, who is no stranger to travel.
• Airline friendly size
• Easy load opening
• Interior tool pouch
• Bike specific handle locations and lengths
• Reinforced and riveted handles
• Heavy duty and grippy wheels
• Multiple tie downs and straps
• Minimal details for lightweight and stealth looks
• Interior divider for clean/dirty sections
The go-to bike hauler for traveling riders around the world, the DK Golf bag combines ingenious design with simple practicality. The DK Golf Bag is designed to look like an actual golf bag, side-stepping additional airline fees for traveling with a bicycle. Thought-out placement of the handles and durable wheels at the base keep you rolling easy on your way to the gate. With sturdy rip-stop nylon construction, internal straps and flaps to keep your bike in place and concealed, there’s no fooling that this bag is everything you need. *Fits all 20” and most 24” bikes
• Durable rip stop construction
• Plastic protective back
• Inner tie-down straps
• Carry and pull straps
• Padded side pocket
• Rolling wheels
Our Monogram Bike Bag isn’t skimpy, but it also isn’t overbuilt to keep the weight down. If you’ll be traveling with your bike, this bag will make things a whole lot easier.
- Easy load opening
- Interior tool pouch
- Bike specific handle locations and lengths
- Reinforced and riveted handles
- Heavy duty and grippy wheels
- Multiple tie downs and straps
- Minimal details for lightweight and stealth looks
- Interior divider for clean/dirty sections as well as for hiding the bike
The Rig 9800 is the industry’s most elite, fully-loaded travel bag available. Durable construction and thoughtfully designed features make the Rig perfect for a trip to the track, a trek across the globe, and everything in between. Heavy-Duty, over-sized wheels with extra clearance deliver a smooth ride and easy handling in any terrain. Multi-use LID compartments provide smart storage and easy access for all of your belongings. No matter your destination, the Rig 9800 will make sure your gear gets there smoothly and safely. Nothing compares to this legendary Travel Bag.
- SLED (Structural Load Equalizing Deck)
- Heavy-duty oversized wheels with extra clearance
- Wide mouth D-Shaped LID opening
- Adjustable & removable internal dividers
- Number of packing spaces
- Shape Tombstone
- Capacity 123L / 7,500 cu. in.
- Weight 14.2 lbs
- Dimensions 34″ H x 16.5″ W x 15.25″ D